1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Photoshop Effect

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by hicksjt, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hicksjt

hicksjt Thread Starter

Not really sure if there is a name for this particular effect. I would like to transform a regular photograph into something similar to the image attached. I have tried IMAGE > ADJUSTMENTS > THRESHOLD but sometime it comes out a little rough.

Thanks for any feedback.

Attached Files:

• lion.jpg
      lion.jpg
      File size:
      48.1 KB
      Views:
  2. Guyzer

Guyzer

First Name:
    Guy
    Open your picture and try a few of the filters. I'm sure you'll have something close.

3. ChuckE

ChuckE

Something like this?

I used IrfanView.
    Decreased the color depth to 2.
    Did an image negative.
    Did the color corrections to get the shades of blue I wanted.
    And finally added a bit of blur.

Attached Files:

4. Knotbored

Knotbored

I have an older version of Photoshop Elements and I think you are on the right track using IMAGE > ADJUSTMENTS > THRESHOLD
    I use the slider beneath the image to determine the amount of contrast and I get no unusual rough edges. Perhaps the rough edges are cause by using too small images for the basic photo. Example-using IMAGE > ADJUSTMENTS > THRESHOLD on a photo of my dogs face even the whiskers sticking from his nose were outlined clearly. I had not previously used the function, but see how its very useful for artistic use and even converting photos into cartoon pictures.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758875

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice