Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Photoshop Elements 13, Editor Not Working

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  kenbok51 
#1 ·
I own a legitimate copy of the above and now have the following problem.
I load the program and get to the screen where you can choose Organiser or Editor. Organiser works fine but when I try to open the editor, after getting the little bar showing 'Building Contents and Effects', I get a message stating 'Photoshop Elements 13 Editor has stopped Working' A problem caused the program to stop working. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available'
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail.
Checking on the web it appears many people have had this problem with various Elements versions but no-one seems to have come up with a solution.
Can anyone help please.
I am running Win 10 Home.

#2 ·
Have you tried setting the startup exe to run in compatibility mode for win 7? I have never tried Win 10 but it does seem to be one of the least stable OS's MS has put out in some time from the comments I see on the web. Especially if you update from Win 7 to 10 instead of a fresh install.

#6 ·
Perhaps manually selecting the setup.exe during installation and right clicking run as administator would solve that problem. I had issues with a re-install of windows 7 and found that when installing drivers and applications running as administrator for everything really helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.