1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Photoshop Elements 13, Editor Not Working

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by grumman, Oct 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. grumman

grumman Thread Starter

I own a legitimate copy of the above and now have the following problem.
    I load the program and get to the screen where you can choose Organiser or Editor. Organiser works fine but when I try to open the editor, after getting the little bar showing 'Building Contents and Effects', I get a message stating 'Photoshop Elements 13 Editor has stopped Working' A problem caused the program to stop working. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available'
    I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail.
    Checking on the web it appears many people have had this problem with various Elements versions but no-one seems to have come up with a solution.
    Can anyone help please.
    I am running Win 10 Home.

2. kenbok51

kenbok51

Have you tried setting the startup exe to run in compatibility mode for win 7? I have never tried Win 10 but it does seem to be one of the least stable OS's MS has put out in some time from the comments I see on the web. Especially if you update from Win 7 to 10 instead of a fresh install.

3. grumman

grumman Thread Starter

Hi kenbok51
    Sorry for the delay in replying. No I haven't tried that but will do so. Thanks again.

4. mikicejames485

mikicejames485

First Name:
    Mickie
    upgrade Photoshop Elements 13 then fix this probelm

5. CarolinaBill

CarolinaBill

I find that I have to run the program as administrator rather than simply open. This apparently arises from some of Windows 10's concern about ownership of files.

6. kenbok51

kenbok51

Perhaps manually selecting the setup.exe during installation and right clicking run as administator would solve that problem. I had issues with a re-install of windows 7 and found that when installing drivers and applications running as administrator for everything really helped.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1179326

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice