1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Photoshop History Problem

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by meavary, Dec 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meavary

meavary Thread Starter

Hi... I'm on my work computer and sadly all it has on it is Photoshop CS2 (better than nothing I suppose), and I'm having a real problem with History -- which I use a lot. I'll be working along on a design and when I go to history to go back a couple of steps, all the steps have completely disappeared (I set my history states to 99). The history window is open and is completely blank -- not even the Open step. This will happen several times in a day and is so completely frustrating. I have to completely close Photoshop and reopen it to get my history back. And then after a while, it will just disappear again. Help!!

I have asked the tech guy here at the station (I work at a tv station as the Web Content Manager and am fairly new in the position) and he just shrugs his shoulders and tells me he's not an expert at Photoshop and that I'll have to figure it out. So, again... Help!!

Thanks!

2. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

I would try resetting Photoshop to installation defaults and play around with that for a while and see if it worked all the time and if it did, increase history states only a little at a time and stop somewhere more reasonable if it does work, like 40 or 50.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031779

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice