1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Photoshop & portable hard drive

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Keet1, Dec 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Keet1

Keet1 Thread Starter

Hi I have Photoshop 12 & a portable hard drive with two keys. Can I down load it to the hard drive & use my Photoshop on my (two) sisters computers. This is for my personal use only!! Thanks

2. Cheeseball81

Cheeseball81 Retired Moderator

Hi and welcome to TSG!

I believe that according to the End User License Agreements (EULAs), it'll work as long as both activations are on the same OS (Windows only or Mac only) and you cannot run the software on both computers at the same time.

3. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

Did you mean to say that you have two licence keys for Photoshop?

I think you will find (if it is like most) that the license terms are that for each licence you can use the product on ONE main (office) computer and one back-up, usually a laptop for home use. So you should be covered.

4. Keet1

Keet1 Thread Starter

Thanks Dave. What I wanted to be able to do was, take the portable hard drive with my other key installed on that drive, over to one sister, use my photoshop on her computer in Houston. Then when I would visit my other sister in Waterloo Ont. I wanted to be able to plug that drive into hers, using that drive with key installed? But that won't work will it!?? Thanks

5. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

The licence use resides with the computer on which it is installed, in the registry, NOT with the source code or the load module.
    PhotoShop is not a Portable App.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1140054

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice