1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Photoshop primary Scratch

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by jefflup, Jan 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jefflup

jefflup Thread Starter

I recently recieved a warning from Photoshop re: Photoshop primary Scratch - "set on differnt volumne or different physical drive." Do I actually need to do this and if so, how? Thanks
    Jeff

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    i have usually run like that - BUT do you have a different Harddrive available at all ?
    How big is your main C drive and how much free space
    also how much Memory do you have installed

3. jefflup

jefflup Thread Starter

Im using a Presario CQ50 Notebook PC with an additonal D drive available. It states 9.33GB capacity - 7.65GB used space, 1.68GB free space. I believe this is a recovery mechanism and is turned off btw. My C drive states 139GB capacity - 24.5GB used space, 115GB free space. Total installed memory(RAM) is 2.00GB - 949MB avail phys mem, 2.73 avail virt mem. Page File Space 1.93GB.

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    you dont have a lot of choice , leave on C - i would NOT run anything on a factory recovery partition

5. jefflup

jefflup Thread Starter

Fair enough. I'll probably add memory soon and hope for the best until then. Thank you for your prompt attention to my questions.

Jeff

6. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    with 115GB free , you should not have any problems for a while
    What sort of size files do you create in PSD format ?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973215

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice