Photoshop question: color changes

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jasnick

I have made an image in Photoshop (corner.gif) to use as a rounded corner on a web page. The color is #09b (0:153:187). However, when I put this image into the CSS the color on the page has changed to 44:154:181. Similar, but not correct. Have no idea why. When I open the image again in Photoshop it is the correct original color.

Does anyone know how to prevent the color changing? It must be the way the settings are I suppose but there are so many of them and I am a beginner at Photoshop.

Thanks.

gif's can only support 256 colours. If the colour is out of this range a box will appear to select the nearest web safe colour.

Attachments

jasnick

lister

The same thing happens if I turn it into a .jpg. However, perhaps the same thing applies. I will try and change the color to something web-safe though that color was chosen as it appears in the client's logo!

Thanks

jasnick

Actually, my color: #0099bb is more web-safe than the color that is replacing it: #309ab4
so I doubt that that is the issue.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online