Photoshop white not white

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

maracles

hi,

Anyone help with this. The white in my photoshop is no longer white, it is creamy/yellow. Other programs do show up white, and even the icon in the top left of photoshop is white, it is just the colour palette and and white in any pictures i'm manipulating.

Please help.

maracles

How do i show you a picuture, it is asking me for a url, my screenshot isnt on the web.

Directly below the Hand and magnify glass on your Photoshop tool bar, on the left hand side, you see two boxes. Double click on that, and it should pull up another window displaying all of your colors. Click on the white portion. That should reset everything.

maracles

lol, i have tried that. It does not work, even when the settings are at 255,255,255 it does not come out as white. I have premiere and that is fine, I have also tried repairing the program but that did little to help. Is there anyway of resetting all defaults?

I'm not sure where you go to reset the defaults. You might want to check out the Adobe forums as well.

buck52

Banned
Reset Preferences
"A lot of Photoshop problems can be fixed by dumping the preferences file: While launching Photoshop, Hold down Alt+Ctrl+shift on the PC or Cmd+Option+Shift on the mac. When asked to reset the preferences say yes.
Before you do this, save your custom Patterns, actions, styles, brushes, gradients, shapes and color pallettes. These will also be reset. Tip: You can create an action to do this, so you have a one click backup! (Don't forget to save the backup action first)"

from here... http://www.photoshopcafe.com/tips.htm

Rather than click on your background color and try to reset it, use the tool that returns the large boxes to pure black and white. Below and to the left of the two large boxes are tiny black and white boxes. If you click on those you should revert back to pure white for the background.

Attachments

maracles

Cheers, resetting the preferences worked, still have no idea what the problem was though.

Hi Everyone
After I searched all over the internet and found no answer to this problem in my computer, I finally succeeded to solve it.
I don't know if it works in all computers, but it works for me so it worth your try.

All I've done is to uninstall the monitor's driver in the device manager. In the moment I've done that, the problem was solved. Monitor drivers are useless (the windows default "plug and play monitor" works perfectly) so you don't need to reinstall it again or look for new drivers.

Hopes it helps...

Hi Everyone
After I searched all over the internet and found no answer to this problem in my computer, I finally succeeded to solve it.
I don't know if it works in all computers, but it works for me so it worth your try.

All I've done is to uninstall the monitor's driver in the device manager. In the moment I've done that, the problem was solved. Monitor drivers are useless (the windows default "plug and play monitor" works perfectly) so you don't need to reinstall it again or look for new drivers.

Hopes it helps...

Thanks that worked for me :)

Excellent tip - resetting Photoshop settings worked for me. (Hold CTRL + ALT + SHIFT down as you start Photoshop CS3) - I was then prompted with a message to say:

The monitor profile "Samsung - Natural Color Pro 1.0 ICM" appears to be defective. Please rerun your monitor calibration software.

Choosing "Ignore Profile" (and optionally checking "Don't show again") does the trick.

Thanks Buck52.

Chris

I had excatly the same issue with CS3 and the "reset preferences" fixed it whites now look white.

As I get same error on start up ... apart from ignoring this, should I re-run the Samsung calibtartion S.Ware ? they provide "natural Colour Pro" utility to do this.

or do I need to report fault to Samsung ?

Attachments

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Members online