1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

photoshop

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by i hate ram, Aug 4, 2006.

Advertisement
  1. i hate ram

i hate ram Thread Starter

hey everyone

some of you might remember that i asked about some photoshop disks on ebay a few days ago, but obviously i'm not finding anything. :(

my buddy big-k (remember him?) and i are starting a web/print design company primarily serving bands and small buisnesses. the problem, however, that we want to use legit software like photoshop so that adobe doesnt sue our brains out if/when they find out we do not have legit software.

since we both consider tsg to be our first big intro to the tech world (i can safely say that without tsg i wouldnt know almost everything i do about computers!) we know that you guys care about us... so we thought that maybe some of you would be willing to give us a head start into the web design industry by sending us your old versions of adobe photoshop for pc. we'd like to think it's a good cause :) because starting out so early could give us good opportunites and open some doors in the future. please don't send us anything you need... we thought that if we asked for old disks (for which we could afford the upgrade version of cs or cs2) that some people here might have them and be willing to give them away. if you'd like to be compensated, please PM me and we can work something out.

again, we both thank all of you for all you've done for us to get us this far... if anyone here has the means to give us that one extra push into the real world, it would mean the world to us :)

thank you!
    ram and big-k

2. Big-K

Big-K

Actually I consider my dad to be my intro but hey, tsg helped with some of the knowledge.

:) help us!

3. i hate ram

i should mention that we dont need a million of these... just two :)

thanks

4. Big-K

Big-K

uh...bump

5. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

Have to ask...

Have you looked into the Gimp?

Its a little less easy to jump into but its very powerful and its always free!

http://www.gimp.org/

6. i hate ram

yea we've considered the gimp and will probably have to use it if nothing else works.

we'd still like to see if anyone has any photoshop 4, 5, 6 disks that they dont need anymore :)

7. buck52

buck52 Banned

You mean neither of you have legit software...

If you are serious about this then buy the software you need to get started... Elements or PSP X are both available quite cheap on Ebay or with rebates...and are more than capable

The older versions of Photoshop are not as good as some of the new versions of lesser known products...

buck

8. i hate ram

we'd only like the older versions to be able to buy the less expensive CS2 upgrade

9. Big-K

Big-K

Just so you know, we don't want to get into any illegitamate software debates, the point is that we want to be using legitimate software since we will be making money out of it.

10. i hate ram

well this was a bust...

can a moderator please move this to the software or digital image forum? i dont want to double post :)

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/489371

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice