1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

photoshopCS not displaying red

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Kremlin, Feb 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kremlin

Kremlin Thread Starter

Alright, for this question, im not sure weather to put it in software or hardware, for it concerns both. please tell me if i should re-post it in hardware.

my problem is, as of the installation of a new graphics card, photoshopCS stopped displaying the true color red when i open files from my camera, yet if i open other jpgs it has no problem. When i open the camera file (.jpg format) PS gives me an error message. it reads:

the title of the window is:
    Embedded Profile Mismatch
    the body is:
    The document "P2179139.jpg" has an embeded color profile that does not match the current RGB working space. The embedded profile will be used instead of the working space.

Embedded: sRGBIEC61966-2.1
    Working: A90f+

[ok] [cancel]

I click ok, then choose the redest red it can produce, which is some red orange crap. not to mention it removes all the real reds from the image, and replaces them with the red orange color. I have been using this camera, monitor, and program for a year or so, with zero such problems. but as i said, with the new installation of the GC, it began messing up. im pretty sure i havent changed anything on the camera, nor did i change the PS settings... so i have no idea. if someone could tell me what to do, it'd be grand

relavant things:
    Radeon 9600 Pro
    Photoshop CS
    ViewSonic UltraBrite A90f+
    Olympus E-20N

2. lemondrop

lemondrop

Have you tried uninstalling then reinstalling PS?
    If that doesn't work you could try making a new color profile through adobe gamma. It's found in the control panel. Just follow the wizard. Don't do it while photoshop is open. Create the color profile then reopen PS.

3. Kremlin

Kremlin Thread Starter

hmmm i just tried the adobe gamma thing. that wasent the problem, you see, when i open the file, it changes the color settings within that instance of photoshop. i can have both PS and paint viewing the exact same file, yet paint displays the real color. i see where your going with the gamma correction, maybe my monitor is screwed up, but i can print, and open the image on other computers with the right colors :(

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/331502

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice