Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Photostick 2.0

7K views 31 replies 5 participants last post by  PeterOz 
#1 ·
I bought a Photostick 2.0 and plugged it in and turned it on. It worked for almost two full days and downloaded everything on my computer. Can I delete it all and start over to just copy my pictures. Thank you

#4 ·
:confused: Of course it's empty. The title of those instructions are "Remove All Saved Files On Your ThePhotoStick". If you did not ant them removed, you should not have followed those instructions.

You can try to recover them with Recuva (free version), but there are no guarantees.

#5 ·
:confused: Of course it's empty. The title of those instructions are "Remove All Saved Files On Your ThePhotoStick". If you did not ant them removed, you should not have followed those instructions.

You can try to recover them with Recuva (free version), but there are no guarantees.
It isn't the pictures, it is the photostick program that seems to be gone. When I plug it in it says folder empty. Can it be recovered please

#16 ·
It appears the possibility of your getting help, a replacement or refund does not look very
promising. If you've had their ThePhotostick product for more than 60 days, according to their Terms of Service, on this page:

https://www.thephotostick.com/policies/terms-of-service

I'm not sure there is much you can do, other than possibly filing a lawsuit. It states in part:

... We allow returns of unopened new items and defective drives within 60 days of delivery subject to the restrictions to follow. ONLY RETURNS OF PRODUCT WITH AN RMA# AND EITHER IN ORIGINAL, UNOPENED, NEW CONDITION WITH ALL ORIGINAL PARTS AND PACKAGING, OR ACTUALLY DEFECTIVE, WILL BE ACCEPTED. IF THE PRODUCT SEAL IS BROKEN OR OUR TESTS SHOW THAT THE DRIVE IS NOT DEFECTIVE, THEN NO REFUND WILL BE ISSUED AND NO EXCHANGE PROVIDED. ...
Also, the Better Business Bureau's Profile page for "Prairie IT LLC" (the company behind ThePhotostick), here:

https://www.bbb.org/us/co/haxtun/pr...hnology-services/prairie-it-llc-0805-46092514

states, in part:

Pattern of Complaint:
BBB files indicate that this business has a pattern of complaints. Complaints primarily concern shipping delays and errors, the functionality of products received, and post-sale customer support.

BBB contacted the business on December 18 and December 27, 2018 via email requesting a written response outlining a plan to address the pattern of complaints.

On December 31, 2018, the owner of the business responded to our concerns by explaining that Prairie IT, LLC has grown a great deal within the past year. According to Mr. Oman, this growth "created shipment delays and customer support response issues." To alleviate these concerns, the business has increased assembly capacity, added customer support personnel, and added an additional fulfillment center.

Mr. Oman also indicated that the business's return policy is clearly defined and posted and is typical for software companies.

Mr. Oman conceded that "a very small percentage of people" have a computer system that will not work with their software, which is addressed in the business's Terms and Conditions. Additionally, Mr. Oman explained that use of their products does require basic computer literacy and the ability to operate a computer, phone, or tablet.
:(

#17 ·
It appears the possibility of your getting help, a replacement or refund does not look very
promising. If you've had their ThePhotostick product for more than 60 days, according to their Terms of Service, on this page:

https://www.thephotostick.com/policies/terms-of-service

I'm not sure there is much you can do, other than possibly filing a lawsuit. It states in part:

Also, the Better Business Bureau's Profile page for "Prairie IT LLC" (the company behind ThePhotostick), here:

https://www.bbb.org/us/co/haxtun/pr...hnology-services/prairie-it-llc-0805-46092514

states, in part:

:(
Thank you for taking the time to send me this info. I think they just let the time run out by not replying to any of my letters. I might tell everybody on FB not to buy this product because of the lack of support. I wanted to use it but there is no program so I guess I'm the loser.

#19 ·
What happens if you reset photostick to defaults?
Better of buying a quality USB x 2 and copy the files yourself
By the look of it photostick might be a bit of a scam
Yes, they might be a scam as they don't reply to any questions. I have an exterior hard drive that I am going to put all my pictures on instead. Thank you for your interest.

#26 ·
Thank you I will download that and sync to my external drive. I guess the photostick was a total waste of money.
Unfortunately judging from the reviews and complaints I have seen, I agree with this. It's a good concept but the product is only as good as the company that makes it.

#30 ·
Hi Pairelily
Sorry about the delay.
Follow this Setup Synctoy tutorial. It explains in detail how to setup and how the options work.
I use contribute but one of the others may suit you better.
Once you have it installed and tested, I will explain how to set it up to work on a shutdown shortcut.
Cheers
PeterOz

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.