1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PhotoStick Problems

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by TROJAN764, Jun 11, 2019.

1. TROJAN764

TROJAN764 Thread Starter

I recently purchased two 128gb Photosticks and am having problems with one (I haven't tried the other yet). I followed the instructions which came with the device and it scanned through all of my jpeg files on all three of my drives in a very short time. It then went about saving the images to the stick and I was astounded, and disappointed, that the process took more than ten hours to complete. At completion, all of my jpegs, less duplicates, appeared to be on the drive. The next day, when I reinserted the drive to do some editing, it showed that there was no images but that approximately seventy percent of the drive had bee used. I tried a number of USB ports with the same result. I decided to delete all of the images and start from scratch. The software confirmed that all images had been deleted, but the same amount of the drive was shown as being used. Attempting a reset to factory defaults gave the same result. I thought of formatting the stick but figured that I would also lose the programme so decided not to do this. I sent Photo stick a customer support email but received an automated response which said that I needed to contact them in 'real time' and, as there is a fourteen hour time difference, this would mean that I needed to do this after midnight and before six am. Are you able to help please?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7400 CPU @ 3.00GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 9
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 16347 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050, -2048 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 223 GB (93 GB Free); D: 2794 GB (2375 GB Free); F: 931 GB (611 GB Free);
    Motherboard: ASRock, B250M Pro4
    Antivirus: Norton Security, Enabled and Updated

2. TROJAN764

TROJAN764 Thread Starter

3. lunarlander

lunarlander

The thing is nothing more than a regular USB memory stick bundled with a backup program. Format the stick and use a regular backup program. Windows 10 comes with a File History feature ( Start > Settings > Update & Security > Backup )

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1228442

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice