PhotoStick

Aussie Pom

G'day,
I purchased a Photosticka a few years ago. I copied all my photos from my computer onto the stick. I have no idea what happened. I cannot open the images as the files changed to Wim Files. I want to be able to change the photos back to Jpg Files. Please could somebody help me?
Cheers Aussie Pom

Attachments

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
The looks to me as if the drive has been over-written as a Windows recovery drive. In all likelihood, if you had photos on there then they're probably gone.

Aussie Pom

G'day Colin,
Thank you so much for replying to my question.
If that is the case, is there any way I can try to retrieve them? As you can see there are 4.00000 kb + files.
I would really appreciate any help.
Cheers Perry

4.00000 kb + file
Is nothing- when it comes to photos as Colin says it looks like you have overwritten the stick either making a windows boot usb or when you plugged it in windows asked you can it use it as part of windows and you clicked on yes.
The easeus would be your best option. As it says if it can't recover you do not pay.
The more programs you use the deeper the hole you dig.

I DO NOT MAKE ANY MONEY FROM EASEUS OR A RESELLER

Aussie Pom

G'day PeterOz,
I checked out EASEUS. Just for a one-off, it was too expensive. Do you know the free program I could try please'
Cheers Perry

Aussie Pom

Yes, apparently so. But for $60 American would be a lot of money for me. If Easyus could find them. That means that I should be able to retrieve them.
Cheers Perry

Aussie Pom

G'day Peter,
I installed the program. I did a scan, and it took ages. over one thousand photos were found. When I clicked Recover. I would have to pay $69 American. It is not free.
Cheers Perry

Aussie Pom

Hi, again Guys,
I have CCleaner I was able to use it to recover all my photos. It took forever as I had so many files.
I was able to recover the photos. I have now copied them all onto an External Hard Drive. I am so pleased as I did not want to lose them. I would like to thank you all for your assistance. At 80 I was born too early for this
ICCleaner.jpg T stuff. I am so appreciative to be able to receive help from your people. Cheers Perry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online