Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

PHP CGI error?!? arg I dunno what's going on

775 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  dirkraft 
#1 ·
I'm not too much of a php buff (I don' know anyting) but I know it was working and for some reason now it's not. I was messing with some security settings and cleaning up my Inetpub\wwwroot folder and eventually I noticed my php page wasn't functioning anymore.

I'm running WinXP Pro, and just reinstalled IIS 5.1. I got the php binary from php.net and installed it (ver 4.3.7). I gave IUSR Read & Execute privileges to php.exe and php4ts.dll and IUSR Read privileges to sessiondata and uploadtemp directories, which is what the installer said I would probably have to do for all practical purposes.

The security settings on the wwwroot files all have IUSR access privileges.

The .php file in question uses some output generated into an .xml file by a BitTorrent client (Azureus). The first time I put all the chunks together it worked fine, the php script executed correctly, drew data from the xml file and displayed it neatly formatted the way it was supposed to. Now all I get is this...

CGI Error
The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:

As little as I know, it seems obvious that the error is that no "HTTP headers" are being "returned".

I really don't know too much about php yet. I figure I'm not doing anything grossly complicated so the error must be pretty basic.

The php binary automatically puts in cgi.force_redirect = 0 into c:\windows\php.ini ; so that's not a problem. I figure that the rest of the php.ini is ok since it's exactly the same as it was the first time around, when my fancy .php page was working.

As always, any input is appreciated.

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.