1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PHP not running

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by Adolph_lo, May 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adolph_lo

Adolph_lo Thread Starter

Hi everyone,

Sorry if this a newbie questions and easily fixed but i can not seem to figure it out.

I am trying to create a new local wordpress site to practice developing. I have already created the site and all directories in IIS. The server is running Windows Server 2008. It is an active server and currently hosting about 6 other live sites. Everything has already been installed onto server (MySQL, PHP, etc) but that was done a while back and not by me. Whenever i try and run the wordpress install i get a error saying that PHP is not installed or not running. I can see PHP installed on the server but can not figure out why i keep getting this error. I have also tried running PHP info scripts which do not work either (no error just doesnt load). Any body have any idea what could solve this problem? If i was to uninstall and then re install PHP would this affect any of the live sites currently running on the server?

Again sorry if this is easily fixed, just trying to learn and figure everything out. Any advice/ help is really appreciated.

2. NegativeKelvin

NegativeKelvin

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1147727

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice