PHP Uninstall Help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Snurf

I am trying to install Cube Panel and on the CubePanel.com site, in the FAQ's, I found a question that deals with what my problem is... Here it is:

Q: When trying to install Cube Panel for Windows, the setup program says PHP is installed when it is not. What shall I do to uninstall it?

A: The installer refers to the PHP for ISS ISAPI extensions. You can uninstall it from the “IIS Manager”, in the “Web Service Extensions” menu.

Now here's where I need your help. I have no clue how to go about the Answer provided. Can someone tell me where I might find "IIS Manager" or "Web Services Extensions" menu?

You can find some info on IIS Manager at

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pr...IIS/b0c14479-83e3-435d-a935-819fe396e7d2.mspx

What I would look for first is whether php is installed on the computer. You might not find it in add/remove programs. Have a look in my computer/c:\ (if that is your hard drive with your windows/programs installed. You may find php there, or a server such as Apache.

Also, have a look in c:\windows for a file called php.ini. If there are remnants of php there, removing the .ini file should make it ineffective.

Also, it may be an idea to get Easycleaner from ToniArts at

http://www.toniarts.com/products.php?PHPSESSID=249a04682b6aa1ccec45307be41fb2c0

It is useful for getting rid of old registry keys, cleaning up your internet activity records, etc. Whatever you do on Easycleaner, do not use duplicated files unless you are very conversant with computers.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online