1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Physical Memory Dump Error

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by redfox13131stID, Oct 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. redfox13131stID

redfox13131stID Thread Starter

Hey, I'm new on this forum and encountering a problem regarding Physical Memory Dump Error I've got Vista (Home Premium) as an operating system.

When I start up my System I wait for about lets say 30 seconds and then it starts a Physical memory dump error, before those 30 seconds I usually try to go to my system restore application and there is no system restore points, but my main problem is the memory dump error.

This has only started when I downloaded a sound driver that was unsuccessful, but I have not been able to run system restore after the memory dump in safe mode because it says I have no system restore points (I think its because its running a temporary profile but I do not know why it is) main problem would be Memory Dump Error.

I have copied the technical problems it says under the Memory Dump error.

Technical Information

*** Stop: 0x0000007F(0x00000008,0x80154000,0x00000000,0x00000000)

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

The error is probably due to the sound driver. Uninstall it and check the box in the corner (if there is one) to remove the software, too. Try doing it in Safe Mode.

3. redfox13131stID

How do I remove my sound driver?

4. redfox13131stID

I removed my sound driver and checked the box but I still have the problem of the Physical Memory Dump error occurring with the same Technical information

5. Elvandil

Elvandil

Is any file name mentioned? Can you boot into normal mode?

What graphics adapter and network card do you have and have those drivers been updated?

6. redfox13131stID

No file name is mentioned under the technical information and I can not boot into normal mode. How would I figure out which graphics adapter/network card I have and if they are updated? When I first started to update the sound driver it said like Parameter error, something something, and it also said I had a Parameter error (with some numbers) when I tried doing a system restore and then the system restore did not finish properly and now I can't find any system restore points because I think it is automatically putting me in a temporary profile for some reason.

7. redfox13131stID

Also the driver that was uninstalled was SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC. If I found the folder SigmaTel under my program/files should I delete that folder?

8. Elvandil

Elvandil

Delete the folder. It makes no difference if the driver isn't loading, but it may help.

What do you see now in Device Manager in Safe Mode? What devices are problematic?

9. redfox13131stID

Under Sound, Video and game controllers it says "High Definition Audio Device" I do not know what other devices may be problematic but I am linking all of the problems happening to trying to install the Sound Device so I believe that is the main problem which is creating a Physical Memory Dump Error.

10. redfox13131stID

I am going to try to restart my computer and go in regular mode to see if there is any more technical information in the memory dump anymore or if I even get one.

11. redfox13131stID

I still have the same problem with the same Technical information as first posted when I tried running my computer in a normal state.

12. Elvandil

Elvandil

If you have not done so, be sure that the machine is set to not restart on blue screen.

Computer > Properties > Advanced > Stratup and Shutdown. Uncheck the Restart box at bottom so a full blue screen with perhaps more info will appear.

If the Sigmatel device is still labelled as such, it probably has not been uninstalled. Was there a setup program that you ran to install it? If so, it may also appear in Add/Remove, so uninstall it both places--Add/Remove and in Device Manager. If something pops up on boot about installing that device, cancel it out and do not install.

Where did you get the driver? What is the exact make/model of machine (or the main board if you have a non-brand name)?

13. redfox13131stID

XPS M1530 Dell Laptop and I had a pop up that told me to install it. Not like a pop up from the internet just it slid from the bottom left hand corner of my screen.

14. redfox13131stID

It only shows the Technical information as listed before and nothing else besides the standard procedures that Dell lists should be taken

15. Elvandil

Elvandil

Was the sound already working when you saw that pop-up?

At the same time that we work here, or even before we continue here, you should go to the Malware forum, read the sticky, and post an HJT log for analysis by an expert there. The pop-up you describe does not sound like one that Windows produces, and you may have installed a rootkit that takes over the system before it even boots up. In any case, they will help you to get cleaned up if there are any infections.

Please supply any information that you can remember about that pop-up.

In the meantime, you might try right-clicking the sound device in Device Manager and disabling it. See if that allows normal boot.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/759333

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice