1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Physical memory dump

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Vatant, Feb 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Vatant

Vatant Thread Starter

i'm having troubles out of this guy's computer i'm having to fix it's showing a blue screen saying "a KERNEL_IMAGE_DATA_ERROR that windows will now restart physical memory dump in progress and complete" i shortened it big time for the sake of time reading but if i need to retype it i'll repost it with the full screen i thought it could be the RAM was going bad in the system but still got the message when replacing the RAM i have done a full system repair and i still get the message if anyone is able to please help me on this issue

2. bonk

bonk Banned

Welcome,

Does it mention any Numbers for the error like 0x0000007a or atapi.sys

3. Vatant

Vatant Thread Starter

yes it mentions the 0x0000007a

4. bonk

bonk Banned

Could be the Hard drive

5. Vatant

Vatant Thread Starter

i ran a diagnostic test on it once and it came back with nothing wrong but i'll give it another try to find out and i'll let you know the results

6. Vatant

Vatant Thread Starter

well i tried to run a diagnostic test lol my teacher beat me to the computer that is having the error and she's trying to reformat it but it's sticking at installing devices so i believe you are right i think it very well could be his hard drive

7. Vatant

Vatant Thread Starter

well it still gave the message i ran a diagnostic test again it came back with nothing any ideas?

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/543409

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice