physical memory dump

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kybelle

Occasionally when I am doing something - not online, I get a blue screen with this message: Windows has a problem and has shut down to prevent damage etc etc etc...

Then in another paragraph "Disable BIOS Memory options such as caching or shadowing.

THen: ***STOP:0x00008086, (0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Then: Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete

Contact system admin or tech support for further assistance.

(I don't know how to get to the BIOS to disable those.)

Windows XP Pro- Dell Dimension 8400
3. gig Intel Pentium 4
16 kb primary memory cache
2048 kb secondary memory cache
160 HD (147 free)
Bus clock: 800 Megahertz
BIOS: Dell Inc. A05 03/16/2005
512 Mg memory

I can be playing solitare or something simple like that when it happens. It never happens when I'm going from Word to Publisher - both open at the same time. Or Photoshop Elements.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
kybelle

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.