Physically moved my PC & now it says HDMI no signal

jessyeekuh

I moved my pc which was working completely fine just before I moved it to a new desk. I unplugged everything, moved it across carefullly and then replugged it all back up. Now however, the monitor keeps saying HDMI no signal. I think the pc is working fine since before I moved everything I was using it and it was working effectively - also now when I turn it on, all the fans are on and the system is not blinking. Any idea what could have happened? Tried a different monitor and the same thing, I tried a new HDMI cord and that didn’t work, I have also taken out my GPU and put it back in to make sure it was in correctly, and cleaned my ram sticks. Please help! I’m not sure what to do from here ! Thank you

crjdriver

First of all, you are posting in a hardware forum and no one has any idea what hardware you are running. Post all of your exact system specs. If this is a big box system ie dell, hp, whatever, post the exact brand, model, and service tag#
A few things to check;
1 If you have a real video card [which is unknown since you have not posted specs] did you connect the monitor to the video card and not the onboard port on the motherboard?
2 It is possible you have knocked something loose inside the case. If you are comfortable working inside the case, do the following;
A: Remove the pw cord from the pw supply. Press the ON button 2~3 times to remove any residual charge from the pw supply capacitors
B: Reseat ie remove and replace both atx and aux pw connectors on the motherboard. Be sure they are fully seated
C: Reseat all ram. While the ram is out of the slots, blow out the slots with a can of air. Reinstall ram and again be sure it is fully seated
D: If you have a real video card [which is unknown] remove the card and reinstall. Note there is a latch that must be depressed to pull the card. Do not just yank it out; you will break something. Again be sure it is fully seated
E: Clear cmos with the clear jumper. Older boards use a three pin and jumper, newer boards use just two pins and you short these for 10 seconds. Read your motherboard or system manual for detailed instructions
F: Replace the pw cord and attempt to pw ON. Note after clearing cmos, it will take an extra 20~30 seconds for the board to POST. That is normal

jessyeekuh

First of all, you are posting in a hardware forum and no one has any idea what hardware you are running. Post all of your exact system specs. If this is a big box system ie dell, hp, whatever, post the exact brand, model, and service tag#
A few things to check;
1 If you have a real video card [which is unknown since you have not posted specs] did you connect the monitor to the video card and not the onboard port on the motherboard?
2 It is possible you have knocked something loose inside the case. If you are comfortable working inside the case, do the following;
A: Remove the pw cord from the pw supply. Press the ON button 2~3 times to remove any residual charge from the pw supply capacitors
B: Reseat ie remove and replace both atx and aux pw connectors on the motherboard. Be sure they are fully seated
C: Reseat all ram. While the ram is out of the slots, blow out the slots with a can of air. Reinstall ram and again be sure it is fully seated
D: If you have a real video card [which is unknown] remove the card and reinstall. Note there is a latch that must be depressed to pull the card. Do not just yank it out; you will break something. Again be sure it is fully seated
E: Clear cmos with the clear jumper. Older boards use a three pin and jumper, newer boards use just two pins and you short these for 10 seconds. Read your motherboard or system manual for detailed instructions
F: Replace the pw cord and attempt to pw ON. Note after clearing cmos, it will take an extra 20~30 seconds for the board to POST. That is normal
Thank you. This is a PC I built myself and these are the parts for it:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor

MOBO: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard

MEMORY: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory

STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive , Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive

GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER 6 GB VENTUS XS OC Video Card

CASE: Apevia CRUSADER-F-PK ATX Mid Tower Case

PSU: Rosewill HIVE 750 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply

crjdriver

OK, if you built the system, then you are comfortable working inside the case. Do the troubleshooting outlined above.
That recent of a motherboard will use the two pins that you short to clear cmos and not three pins and jumper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online