1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Picasa 2 images converting to Nero images

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by tx77069, Mar 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tx77069

tx77069 Thread Starter

My picasa 2 works great. When I complete my edits, the file goes to the My Pictures folder (windows XP professional). When I then go to view the pictures all the edits are gone, they show the pictures have been captured by Nero (I use nero only for burning music cd's). When I go back to my Picasa album the pictures there are perfect, however when I need to upload them to my website, and use the browse function, the only version of the pictures I can access are the unedited ones captured by Nero.

Is there a solution for this?

2. slipe

slipe

I’m not sure it will solve all your problems, but you should set Picasa as your default for JPG and any other photo file types you use. You definitely don’t want Nero as your default photo viewer.

Right click on a JPG file in My Pictures. “Open With” and “Choose Program”. Check the box to always use this program and select Picasa from the list. OK. Your image files will now be Picasa files and will open in Picasa.

3. tx77069

tx77069 Thread Starter

Slipe

Thanks for the response. I did what you suggested but the 'open with' did not include a Picasa option.

I looked around and it was suggested I needed to go into Start-My computer-local disc C- tools-Folder - options-file type- (scroll to jpg) - change select.... but still no Picasa option there either.

Any thing else you can suggest, or see if I'm missing somethig. I really appreciate your help..... it just seems this shouldn't be this difficult!

Jeannie

4. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

In Picasa, Tools, Options, File Types.

Associate all available with Picasa.

5. tx77069

tx77069 Thread Starter

kiwiguy

thanks for the response. unfortunately all 8 boxes were already checked in that folder

6. slipe

slipe

If Picasa isn’t there select the Windows Picture and Fax viewer as a starting point. You don’t want Nero as your default viewer. It shouldn’t really affect the image files, but their showing as Nero files indicates Nero is the default viewer for that image type.

You might also uninstall and reinstall the latest Picasa, selecting the image types for the file association during the install.

What file type are the edited images being saved as? You can give one an odd name and then do a Windows search for it. You will find out where Picasa is putting them and what file type it is using. It seems odd that Picasa isn’t finding images it edited. I’m not very hopeful that changing the default viewer – even to Picasa – is going to correct that problem.

7. tx77069

tx77069 Thread Starter

Thanks. Slipe I will try it. (all images are being saved as JPEG - both in Nero and Picasa)

It's not that I can't find the images in Picasa, they are all there just fine. The problem is I can't access Picasa directly to upload edited images to my website, I have to upload from My Pictures, and that is where the Picasa images have been stored as, and converted to Nero, with the edits are missing

I can't find a way to make Picasa my default viewer as Picasa says the program is not designed to be a default viewer.

Jeannie

8. lister

lister

Picasa is an image cataloguer, not a viewer as such.
    Also edits to images in Picasa are applied only to the images when viewed in Picasa (the original images are not changed at all). You need to save the edited images from Picasa, and then burn those.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/555025

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice