1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Picasa Help

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by GalleryHelp, Apr 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. GalleryHelp

GalleryHelp Thread Starter

I downloaded Picasa and love it, but:

1) When viewing photos in Picasa, is there a way to make it so that you only have to single-click on the photo to open it? Right now I have to double-click to do this.

2) When viewing the photo, is there a way to maximize that screen so that the photo encompasses the whole page? I don't really care about the Basic Fixes/Tuning/Effects that are on the left side of that page.

3) In the main galleries, below the folder name, is there a way to make it so that the date is not seen here?

4) Is Picasa good for big galleries (10,000+) images?

5) Is Picasa Vista-compatible? It works on my PC but it doesn't even show this on the picasa.google.com system requirements, which is a bit concerning.

6) Is Picasa the best photo management software right now?

Sorry for all the questions, and thank you to those who respond. If you know even one of these answers please tell me.

2. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

1. Right click on thumbnail or just left button select thumbnail and press enter....technically one click but probably not what you wanted.
    2. Highlight the thumbnail and click on the Slideshow button brings it up full screen. You bring up the floating controls at the bottom to halt the screensaver if you just want to look at that one photo fullscreen.
    3. Just to the right of where it says Library above the folders are a few icon buttons, one with flat folder view which has the date the next one over is the normal folder tree view without dates.
    4. Going on 7,000 photos and its fine so far, if you were to start with 10,000, Picasa might have to be started several times to fully complete the thumbnail and organizational indexing but otherwise there should be no problem.
    5.Can't confirm its Vista compatible.
    6. I don't know if its the best but its certainly no slouch and its priced right. If I could change anything it would be recognition of more formats. Its getting better but slowly.

3. PopPicker

PopPicker

it works in Vista

4. GalleryHelp

GalleryHelp Thread Starter

Thanks for the help. I also read that you can view the image in full screen mode by pressing CTRL + Shift when the cursor is over the image in gallery mode. But you have to hold it to keep it there, which is unfortunate.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/699717

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice