1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Picasa photo software

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by fei888, Jan 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. fei888

fei888 Thread Starter

I have download the Picasa 2 photo software. Everything else works fine, except for Slide Show. Each time I selected Slide Show I got this error message: "Fatal Error, Picasa connot continue" , I clicked the ok button and was kicked out of the program. I reinstalled a couple of times, same thing happens.

My system is:

Windows 2000 Pro.
    128 MB RAM,
    Processor: AMD-K6-2, 400 MHz
    Direct X 9.0
    Display: ATI Technologies Inc, 3D RAGE LT PRO AGP 2X
    version: 5.00.2180.0001

I really like the software and hope I can use it.
    Can anyone help?

Thanks a million/Fei

2. bp936

bp936

I love PICASA too, and don't have any problems with it, including running the slideshow. I have thousands of digital photos organized with it. My guess is, looking at your specs, that your computer doesn't have enough memory. I have Picasa version 1.618.
    Also it could be, that one of the pictures in the series is corrupted. Note which picture is the last one that shows and when the error comes up, go back to Explorer and move that pictures from that folder to one that is not organized by Picasa. I had this once happen and tghat fixed the problem.

3. fei888

fei888 Thread Starter

Thank for the help, but my computer was able to run slide show on a web based photo program called ofoto. Don't know if that makes a difference.

My desktop is XP and Picasa works fine on that. It's my Laptop that doesn't work. The maximum RAM I have on my laptop is 192, maybe I should give that a try.

4. fei888

fei888 Thread Starter

I meant to say the max RAM allowed on my notebook computer is 192 MB, right now I have 128 RAM, maybe I should try to upgrade it to 192 MB.

Thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/324197

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice