Picasa2

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Tipacanoe

A fiend has recommended installing Picasa2. However, I am confused by what he told me. I wonder what it does that MyPictures in XP doesn't already do for me?
Thanks for any light you can play over this one. :)

It is a very well made application, as it indexes all the images on your PC, presenting them as if they were in one place.

Printing is a dream from it as well, plus basic editing.

It is well worth having IMHO.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Version 2 is more functional than version 1, and it is user-friendly. (y)

Tipacanoe

Thanks, folks.

But, if I may . . . what is it exactly that makes it better than MyPictures? Sorry if I am being dense.

Thanks.

For me?
Personal preference.

Picasa is just "nicer to use" and is equally or more technically competent.
As it is free, I would suggest trying it and making your own assessment though. You can uninstall it if you are not content?

I also downloaded Picasa2. Everything works fine except Slideshow. Each time I select Slideshow I got an error message saying "Fatal Error, Picasa cannot continue." When I clicked OK button it kicked me out of the program.

My system is Windows 2000 Pro,
Direct X 9.0
128 RAM

Can anyone tell me why it's not working? Thanks.

Fei888

It sounds like it is conflicting with something, but it's impossible to tell just what from that.

Perhaps Event Viewer in Windows 2000 might give a clue, or perhaps not.

Tipacanoe said:
A fiend has recommended installing Picasa2. However, I am confused by what he told me. I wonder what it does that MyPictures in XP doesn't already do for me?
Thanks for any light you can play over this one. :)

Picasa is a photo editing program. My pictures is a folder in XP to store pictures it is not a photo editing program. The only program in XP to work with pictures is paint and it's not very good compared to picasa or irfanview.

kiwiguy said:
It is a very well made application, as it indexes all the images on your PC, presenting them as if they were in one place.

Printing is a dream from it as well, plus basic editing.

It is well worth having IMHO.
I like PICASA2. Bud havin one problem. Kiwiguy tell me please. How to delete single image from open folder. Example: when installing , it was mist bad picture. If I highligting and click REMOVE from PICASA, it goes evrything include folder. Any sugestion Thanks. M.E.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online