1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

picasa3 printing

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by ray5028, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ray5028

ray5028 Thread Starter

I am having trouble printing from Picasa3 to both the HP 6700 & HP 8600 printers. It takes about 8-10 minutes per page. When I print on the HP2600 it prints in about 8-10 seconds. All other programs are printing OK. I have a desktop with Windows XP as the operating system. I am using the printers with a USB connection. Please advise me on this, HP has not solved the problem.

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Are these printers plugged in the using computer, or are some of them across a network or even using a USB splitter box?

3. ray5028

ray5028 Thread Starter

The printers are attached to the desktop using a USB plug.

4. DaveA

First Name:
    David
    You have 3 different printers plugged into one computer?
    Are some of these port on the front of the machine?

Some of the older machines, when a front port is used, it by passes one of them on the rear of the machine.

5. ray5028

ray5028 Thread Starter

I just returned the 8600 printer to HP and now have the 6700 as a replacement. The 8600 was giving me the problem noted so HP advised going to the 6700. They are all-in-one printers. As a backup I have the 2600 single function printer which I seldom use and sometimes hook up to my laptop. Both printers are hooked up to USB ports to the computer.

6. DaveA

First Name:
    David
    Are you saying that you unplug one then plug in another each time you want to use a different printer?

Or are them both plugged in at the same time?

Do you select the proper printer from the "Print" window that you wish to print to?

You might also,Open the the Printer windows in the Control Panel and select each one of the ones listed and see what print jobs are listed.

Attached Files:

7. ray5028

ray5028 Thread Starter

Both printers are plugged in using a splitter for the USB. The 6700 is my default printer and the one giving me the problem. The 2600 printer is for back up only. The 6700 printer with the problem was sent to me to try to eliminate the same problem I had with the 8600 printer. The 8600 is not hooked up & is waiting to be returned to HP.

8. ray5028

ray5028 Thread Starter

The 6700 printer is my default printer.

9. DaveA

First Name:
    David
    A lot of printer will not work when using a splitter.

Have you tried them one at a time, NOT using the splitter, but a port on the computer?

10. ray5028

ray5028 Thread Starter

Yes, I have been using a splitter for many years without any problems. HP has assigned a special case manager to help solve my problem. They say it is their printer. Thanks for your help.
    Ray

11. ray5028

ray5028 Thread Starter

Yes, but the problem persists.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1088503

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice