1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Picked a CPU, now need a motherboard...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kappadonna, Feb 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kappadonna

kappadonna Thread Starter

Im building a computer from scratch...I have decided on a Intel Pentium 4 2.4BGHz 512K 533MHz CPU Northwood P478 Processor. Im a big gamer so I thought this would be an alright processor...what do you guys think? Also, I need a good motherboard to accompany it...what should I look at and for how much? Thanks!

2. Rockn

Rockn

There are loads of motherboard reviews at www.motherboards.org . They have benchmarks at the end of each review along with the Quake and UT benchmarks. Make syre the board you are looking at supports a 2.4GHz CPU. the motherboard itself is not a good indication of gaming performance. Maybe you should get your graphics card first and then shop motherboards....whichever way works for you.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/119373

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice