1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Picking a new graphics card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Trigatrigatre, Nov 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Trigatrigatre

Trigatrigatre Thread Starter

Hi, i have a

CybertronPC Borg-Q Gaming Desktop - AMD FX-4130 3.8GHz Quad-Core, NVIDIA GeForce GT610, 8GB DDR3 Memory, 1TB HDD, DVD±RW, Microsoft Windows 8.1 Home 64-bit

And my graphics card won't work for premier pro anymore. So I was looking to switch out my graphics card. Spending like 50-200. I just don't know what to get. Or if I need certain power cords.

Thanks for you help!

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Clipboard.jpg

The above image shows the performance scores and power usage for the AMD processor and NVIDIA graphics card in your computer.
    The NVIDIA graphics card is a very weak performer and needs to be replaced with a better-performing low-powered one.

Are you referring to Adobe Premiere Pro?
    If so, which version do you have?

It appears to have hefty system requirements (processor, graphics, RAM, etc.).
    I'm not even sure if your AMD processor and 8 GB of DDR3 RAM meet those requirements.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
  3. Trigatrigatre

Trigatrigatre Thread Starter

I have Adobe Premiere Pro the latest version 14.0 but that most recent version doesn't work with my graphics card.
    I was looking to add some more ram. With the new graphics card.

What would you recommend?

4. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

5. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Even if you add another 8 GB of RAM and a better performing graphics card, I'm not sure if that 7-year old processor has enough "horsepower".

I'll leave you with the hardware experts.

---------------------------------------------------------------

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1236452

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice