Picture downloading with XP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gert822

:confused: Pleeeeeeeease help!
I will try to lay this out for you....
I am running Xp, so is my friend
I am using a Lexar multi card reader, so is my friend.
When I insert my card, a removable disk dialog box comes up asking me what action I would like windows to take. Very simple, I go through, download, name my pictures and folder etc. I CANNOT get this simple process to occur on her PC!! I have done settings changes on the removable drives as suggested to me in another thread. But nothing. There is power to the card reader. She inserts her card, the reading light blinks for a few moments, and nothing. I have been looking for an answer for months!! :( Can someone please help me :)

Just to make sure there are no hardware issues, put the card in--when the dialogue box comes up dont chose anything--close it. Then double click on the removable disk icon in My Computer and see if your photo folder is there--double click on that and see if there is anything in it.

gert822

I have been able to locate the photos on her computer. The biggest issue is that dialog box doesn't come up at all (on her system). The simplicity of the whole process is lost. I have tried opening the camera and scanner wizard manually on her computer, but it is only "seeing" her scanner.

Right click on the drive>Properties>AutoPlay. Select "Pictures" from the drop-down menu. Select whether you want to be asked each time what to do or just do the action. Apply and OK.

Attachments

gert822

Thanks Slipe but...I have done this on the four drives that show for this card reader. I thought that would solve the problem but it hasn't. I sooooo appreciate any and all help on this. I will have access to the computer tommorow to try some new things if anymore ideas come up.

It is easy (at least for me) to just hit OK. You have to be sure to apply first. You’ve probably done that, but it is all I can think of.

Have you considered an exorcism?

gert822

I am going to check this setting issue over the phone in a few minutes. I must of been reading your mind (now isn't that a scary thought!) I was told in previous thread to hit O.K. then apply. Exorcism might work, hmmmm I know that if I don't figure this out (and soon ) there's a little white jacket with my name on it!!!!! This has been going on since December!!!

gert822

Thank you.....I will try it. I sooooo appreciate the help!! ((~_~))

gert822

Hi again, I did all the settings, nothing. Then I did the autoplay repair wizard, and nothing. Is it possible there is a program blocking this?? I hate to give up on it!! There has to be a way, isn't there??

So sorry the repair wizard didn't work. Everyone I know that has had this similar problem fixed it with the repair wizard. My autoplay on XP stopped working once and I did a system restore back to a few days before when I knew it had been working right and that solved it for me. Hopefully someone will have an answer for you to fix this.

Check to see that you do not have the additional drive letter until the card is inserted. If the computer always has a connect signal it wouldn’t trigger the wizard when you put a card in. If there is no drive letter for the card reader make sure one appears when a card is inserted. If the drive letter stays there with no card inserted or doesn’t appear when one is inserted then you have a card reader problem and not a windows problem.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online