1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Picture in Picture (PIP) on computer monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mikereymd60, Jul 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mikereymd60

mikereymd60 Thread Starter

I want to connect my cabletv box HDMI feed to be seen on my computer monitor on only part of my screen while I work on my PC looking at the same (HDMI capable) monitor.
    I think I have to get a USB to HDMI converter to plug into my Dell inspiron 5315 computer and then
    get a HDMI switcher with PIP to do this. Does this sound right or is there a better way to do this.
    Thanks.

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    A computer monitor isn't likely to support PIP. At least none that I've seen.

You would likely need a capture card/device on the computer, input the cable box output into the capture card, and then software (may be included with the capture device) to view the input stream. So it wouldn't exactly be PIP, it would simply be a program window, sized and placed where you would like.

3. LIS333

LIS333

I just ran into this with an acquaintance of mine. He has a Dell monitor that was stuck in PIP. His monitor toggled using one or more of the buttons on the monitor. His connection was HDMI on both ends. I've never used this myself, however, I know tuner cards had been available for PC's in the past. I never pursued it because I felt it easier and more rewarding to just use a separate TV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. mikereymd60

mikereymd60 Thread Starter

Thanks to Oddba11 and LIS333 for your comments.
    Very Helpful.
    Mike

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!