1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Picture in signature?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by lisag, Jan 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lisag

lisag Thread Starter

Hi guys,

I know that there is a way that you can sign an e-mail so that it is in everyone you send but I was wondering if you can put a picture in there to so its in everyone you send? If it can be done, would ya explain it as simple as possible for me??

2. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

lisag hi...
    nope you can't put your picture in permanantly as a signature type thing... however you can put it on a background & save it as stationary.. reloading it as stationary ... the background will either be one single photo image if large or if its small it may tile... covering the screen one after the other.

3. lisag

lisag Thread Starter

Thanks SavvyLady,

Well shucks!

I wanted to put the animated hummingbird thing in there, can it be animated or just a picture?

4. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

lisag check with davey on that

I just don't know

5. lisag

lisag Thread Starter

Thanks Savvy,

ok,

Davey where are you???

6. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

LOL... hes gone to bed
    see him tommorow

7. Ratboy

Ratboy

You can do it using Outlook.

- Open the picture file you want to use in Internet Explorer. Hit Ctrl-A to highlight it, then hit Ctrl-C to copy it to the clipboard.

- Open Outlook and got to Tools > Options > Mail Format. In the 'Send in this message format' field, select HTML. At the bottom of the page click on the 'Signature Picker' button.

- In the Signature Picker window, click on 'New'. Enter a name for the signature and click 'Next'.

- In the 'Edit Signature' window hit Ctrl-V to paste the picture. Add text if you like and click 'Finish', 'OK', 'Apply', 'OK'

And yes, you can use an animated picture.

8. Topazz

Topazz

Hope you don't mind me popping in...

Yes, you can have an animated picture on email stationery. After all, the stationery is just a webpage and that's where we see the animations.

Just make sure that your picture is in the Stationery folder when you make your stationery page in outlook express (Message/New message using/Stationery -- have a play with the settings until you get what you want).

Once you've made your page, go to Options in outlook express, click on the Compose tab and under the Stationery heading, put a check in the Mail box and browse to the stationery file that you just made. Click Ok and it will then always use that file when you create new messages.

9. lisag

lisag Thread Starter

Thank you guys so much!! I just tried it and it worked, I'm so happy now:D

10. Topazz

Topazz

That's great news - you're welcome.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63928

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice