1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Picture on Sandisk 2Gb SD card showing "file error"

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by mteen24, Jan 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mteen24

mteen24 Thread Starter

Hi,

I recently bought a new 2gb Sandisk SD card for use in my Samsung D75 digital camera. I took about 10 pictures, and a few videos on it, all of which I was able to view perfectly at first. Later however, one of the pictures was giving the message "file error" when I tried to view it via the camera, and when I transferred it to the computer the JPEG file shows as a red 'x' on Microsoft Office Picture Manager.

I have tried programs such as Pc Inspector File Recovery, ZAR etc, none of which worked. With JPEG snoop I was able to recover a blurred image, however am unsure how to continue working with this to restore the file to its original clarity.

My question:

1. Is there a way to recover this JPEG file using any sort of available program?
    2. Does anyone know how to use some of the more advanced aspects/commands in JPEG snoop, and think they know how I might be able to recover this image?
    3. Has anyone any other ideas of how this image may be recovered/restored?

I will happily send the corrupt JPEG file if anyone thinks they may be able to assist. The picture is very important to me and I would hate to think I will not be able to retrieve it.

Any help would be very much appreciated....

Many thanks

mteen24

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

The largest card you can use in the Samsung D75 is 1 GB according to the web.

Therefore the memory management will be totally screwed in how it has saved the data, you might have a fight on your hand retrieving it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/794532

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice