1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Picture Problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by SyedT, Apr 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SyedT

SyedT Thread Starter

Hi

I was chatting to a friend on msn and he sent me some photos through it. When I went to the folder where they were stored,there we no pictures with an image extension (JPG,JPEG,GIF,BMP etc) .Instead there were a load of files with the extension "File".I've attached a screenshot of it.

I'd just like to know if I can convert it to an image format,because at the moment I can open these pictures by right clicking>open>select from a list,but I'd like to see them as thumbnails.

Sorry if it's a stupid question,but if it is then it should be easy to answer :eek:

Thanks a lot!

Syed

Attached Files:

2. gavin25

gavin25

You just have to change the file extension to jpg or gif, whatever your friend transferred to you and then you should be able to open them properly or even shows as thumbnails.

3. SyedT

SyedT Thread Starter

Thanks,I figured that out already and changed the extensions :)

Thanks

Syed

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/819323

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice