Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Picture sizing handles frozen in Word 2003

2K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  wtlinc 
#1 ·
I switched from MS Office XP Professional to MS Office Small Business Edition 2003. Before, in MS Word, I easily resized pictures inserted into a document by dragging on any sizing handles. I'm not able to do that in the 2003 MS Word. When I click on a picture, the sizing handles appear. But when I try to drag any of the handles they are frozen. They don't work. Any guesses why? Thanks.
:confused:

#5 ·
HI,
Attached are Excel and Word (zipped) files. The Excel file has a chart, and the Word file has a picture (Darth Vader). In the Excel file, I am unable to resize (using sizing handles) the chart area. In the Word file, I am unable to resize the picture.

If you are able to resize the chart and picture using sizing handles, please advise. That will mean I have a MS software problem. Sheesh.

Thanks for any help!

Tom

Attachments

#9 ·
Fyi ... "repairing" MS Office 2003 didn't help, so I decided to reload MS Office XP and open the files in the XP Pro version of MS Word and Excel. Well, guess what? The sizing handles work just fine. Could it be resizing pictures and charts in MS Office 2003 doesn't work? Or maybe I have a corrupted version. Do your sizing handles work in Office 2003?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.