Picture stuck on desktop

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

acpmadness

I got a picture stuck on my desktop and cant get rid of it. I've messed around in the display properties and still cant get rid of it. It shows in front of the background, but doesn't have any properties of it's own. Thanks for any help.

Check the registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop on the left pane see what path "Wallpaper" has. If it has the path of the one you want to get rid of, modify it and put the path of the one that you want.

Correction: I meant on the right pane after highlghting "Desktop", not left pane.

acpmadness

I cant remember how to get the registry window. I thought it was reg in Run, but that's not working. Thanks

I suggest Move On Boot. This program will delete the file on the next boot up.
Sometimes the OS thinks a file is running when it really isn't and of course when
the file is in use it can't be deleted. Try That program and see if that helps.
Let us know your outcome......

No Spyware in this program, It's totally free.

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/moveonboot.html

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online