1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Picture stuck on desktop

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by acpmadness, Jan 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. acpmadness

acpmadness Thread Starter

I got a picture stuck on my desktop and cant get rid of it. I've messed around in the display properties and still cant get rid of it. It shows in front of the background, but doesn't have any properties of it's own. Thanks for any help.

2. mcse72

mcse72

Check the registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop on the left pane see what path "Wallpaper" has. If it has the path of the one you want to get rid of, modify it and put the path of the one that you want.

3. mcse72

mcse72

Correction: I meant on the right pane after highlghting "Desktop", not left pane.

4. acpmadness

I cant remember how to get the registry window. I thought it was reg in Run, but that's not working. Thanks

5. Augie65

Augie65

Start> Run> regedit then hit OK.

6. Orbital75

Orbital75

I suggest Move On Boot. This program will delete the file on the next boot up.
    Sometimes the OS thinks a file is running when it really isn't and of course when
    the file is in use it can't be deleted. Try That program and see if that helps.
    Let us know your outcome......

No Spyware in this program, It's totally free.

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/moveonboot.html

7. acpmadness

The regedit didnt work, but the moveonboot program did. Thank you guys.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!