1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Picture Viewer Slideshow Issues

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by cwwozniak, Oct 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter Thread Starter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Is there a way to permanently pause the slideshow function in the Photos app and just use the arrow keys to sequence through the photos?

I just got a new(ish) computer running 64-Bit Windows 10 Pro. This is my first exposure to using Windows 10. I can double click on a jpg file in a folder full of jpg files and view the photo OK. I can then click a button to start a full screen slideshow of all the photos in that folder. If I right click on the current slide, it reverts back to the Photo viewer. I am used to using the slideshow function in Windows 7, where right clicking calls up a control palette that allows me to control the playing speed and also permanently pause the sequencing. Is there a way to do this with the Windows 10 version? The best that I can do is press the space bar to pause on the current slide. If I click the right arrow key to view the next slide I have to press the space bar again to pause on the next slide.

If this is not possible, is there a way to download and install the Windows 7 version of the Photo viewer and Slideshow app?

Is there some free third party app that will do this for me? I don't want to have to create a slide show. I just want to be able to view and sequence through each photo file in a folder, full screen and without any menu bars or buttons showing.

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Is this the Desktop background slide show you wish to use?

If so, right click the desktop, select "Personalize", then "Background", and then set up the rest of options shown in that pane.
    The Browse will allow you to pick what folder to use. It will not show the pictures just the folder.

3. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter Thread Starter

First Name:
    Chuck
    No, it is not the desktop slide show. I want to be able to review each of the photos in any folder in full screen mode and without any kind of controls covering any part of the photo. Each photo would display as large as possible without cutting off any of the photo. A simple black border would fill in any unused areas when the picture aspect ratio does not match the screen aspect ratio. Each picture would display until I used the arrow keys to move forward or backwards through the sequence or pressed another key to exit the sequence.

The Windows 7 version would display a small pop-up menu when one right clicked anywhere on the screen. The menu allowed one to pause the sequence or play it at one of three preset speeds. It also had the option to sequence in random order rather than the order the files appear in folder list. Escaping out of the slide show would show the last displayed photo in the picture viewer, where once could then choose to edit or delete the photo if so desired.

I would typically make a folder with copies of all of the photos taken at a given event. I would then review each photo full screen and decide if it could be deleted or needed some editing.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1217462

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice