1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Picture will NOT show up in Start Menu

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jodysjungle, Feb 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jodysjungle

jodysjungle Thread Starter

No matter what I do. I've done all the usual, tried changing picture, changing back, gone into every setting I can think of. In the User Account, it shows the picture there. But when I click on start, all I get is the blue bar with my name.

It's been this way for months, and is NOT earth shattering - don't really need to see a picture up there instead of a big blank spot, but it's annoying that I can't figure it out. I hate unresolved problems, sticky though they may be.

Thanks for any advice.

(I'm running XP Pro, SP1)

2. EvileYe

EvileYe

Not sure if this is the situation you have.

If you have disabled the Welcome screen, XP won't display a picture on your start menu either.

3. jodysjungle

"Use the Welcome Screen" IS checked, however I don't get a Welcome screen when I boot - goes directly into Windows. If I log off (without shutting down), I get the Welcome Screen, with picture. Still no picture in Start Menu.

4. mike5532g

mike5532g

If your using classic start menu or have it set to windows classic style in display properties the picture will not show.

5. jodysjungle

Nope, not set in classic stye. Very strange.

6. EvileYe

EvileYe

Do you use any type of Theme software ? Like Window blinds or Theme XP ?

7. mike5532g

mike5532g

8. jodysjungle

OMG - just figured it out - thought I had checked this long ago. When I switched the Theme back to Windows XP, voila !! Thanks - you guys are the best. And now I can sleep in peace - such an important matter, ya know... :eek:

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!