Pictures are not being displayed

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bonkers72

Been having this problem since I did a clean install weeks ago. OS XP HOME. EXPLORER 6. On some web sites not all the pictures are being shown. I installed java, I have all my web settings set to default, and I have the box "show pictures" checked in multimedia. I just don't know what the problem is anymore. I also cannot do a search out of my home page "startium.com" I get the error message "page cannot be displayed" Also when I go to e-bay sites, some pages have counters on them, I can't display them {counters} either. I am using norton for security, completely removed it to see if that may be the problem, same thing happened. I checked out microsofts article #283807 but it didn't help.
I am stumped!!!

If you went through that MS article step-by-step and you are sure you checked everything, particularly the security settings...then try iefix.

For Windows version (Win 98/ME/2000/XP) - Download iefix:
http://www.winxptutor.com/download/iefix.zip

It is a general purpose repair utility for Internet Explorer which repairs Internet Explorer by registering it's core DLL files. Additionally if it detects Windows 2000/XP as the Operating System, it runs SFC to restore missing or corrupt Windows system files. Read about it here before using:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFIX.htm

sekirt

bonkers72

The iefix WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That did it!!!! I knew my browser was corrupt!!!
Everything works again!! The missing pictures, the search engines I couldn't access, ALL ARE BACK!!!! Thank you!!!!

bonkers72

Got one more thing......on start up I'm getting this message......"IE 6 has been removed from this computer. Do you want to clean up your personal settings for this program?"
I have been hitting "no". IE is still installed but I still get this message.

bonkers72

Got in the registry to the ISINSTALLED VALUE. I just want to be sure what I'm doing before I start fiddling with the registry. I R. click on isinstalled, do I click modify or modify binary data. Then also the numbers show 0x00000000(0) Which number do I change to 1? Can I use the "automate reg file" from here http://windowsxp.mvps.org/isinstalled.htm
to do it automatically or should I do it manually?

I think the download is easier...automatically. You can look at that in Notepad once you download it. If you still want to do it manually, just read that file in Notepad. That way you will know exactly what is different between yours and setting the flag to 1. It will be in your right panel. IsInstalled. Right click. Choose modify. Should be called DWORD VALUE. Change to "0" to "1"

sekirt

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online