Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

IanRM2005

Hi

I'm using Office 2019 on a Windows 10 64bit PC.

Is there a way to insert a picture into a cell in Excel, please? I know I can insert a picture into a spreadsheet but I want it to be within the cell so the the cells to the right can relate to it - for example, if I was inserting a picture of a shirt, the picture might be in a cell called 'Description' while the cells to to the right might be 'SIze', 'Colour', 'Manufacturer' and 'Price'.

Is this possible, please and if so, how?

Thanks for your help.

Couriant

James
Hello! It does not appear that Excel has that capability. You can add a picture that floats over the cells, but not in the cells directly.

1617070828636.png

IanRM2005

Hello! It does not appear that Excel has that capability. You can add a picture that floats over the cells, but not in the cells directly.

View attachment 286606
Hi. In that case, is it possible to do it in a table in Word? (Not that I'm keen on using tables in Word!) I'm concerned that if the pictures in Excel only 'hover' they may move out of position & therefore no longer be next to the information that relates to them. Thank you.

Last edited:

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
BUT, it can be done in Excel.
Go to the Insert Ribbon, and the Illustrations, there you will be give choices for the source and type.

That should get you what you want.

And Yes, you can do what you want using MS Word.

Couriant

James
If you are not using excel to create formulas and sums / totals, etc then Word would be better. You can then paste a picture in the cell.

You can copy/paste the excel sheet once you are done so you can add it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Members online