1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Pictures in Publisher

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Jerseyboy, Nov 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jerseyboy

Jerseyboy Thread Starter

First Name:
    Mike
    When I open pictures in Publisher 03 they don’t want to load. I also have Adobe Professional 8.0, so I should be able to create PDF documents / and convert PDF’s from Publisher but I’m not able. So, two separate issues, and I’m not sure if they are related. I tried to create a PDF from Word and that didn’t work either, so maybe it’s two separate issues. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks in advance :)

2. WAJ0606

WAJ0606

What kind of machine are your running? RAM? We have had problems creating PDF's in the past on lower-end machines. What does your computer do when you attempt to create a PDF? Does the PDF start to create and lock up?

What are the size of the pictures you are trying to load?

3. Jerseyboy

Jerseyboy Thread Starter

First Name:
    Mike
    The machine is a Dell GX280 P4 512 RAM. The PDF starts then freezes and the picture is small (thumbnail size).

4. WAJ0606

WAJ0606

Can you print the file as a PDF?

5. Jerseyboy

Jerseyboy Thread Starter

First Name:
    Mike
    Not only does the file not print, it doesn't really even convert. I'm wondering if this might be some sort of profile issue?

6. Jerseyboy

Jerseyboy Thread Starter

First Name:
    Mike
    I logged on to this computer under a different profile to see if that would make a difference, it didn't. Now I'm right back where I started

7. WAJ0606

WAJ0606

Have you tried reinstalling Acrobat Pro and updating?

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!