1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Pictures not visible in Word

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by plejon, Nov 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plejon

plejon Thread Starter

Hi,

Sometimes, pictures that are inserted in a word document do not show. I only see a placeholder frame for the picture, the frame itself is empty inside. When I double-click the placeholder, the correct picture is displayed in a seperate word window.

The problem does not always occur. I don't see it looking at docs I created myself. Could the reason be that I'm viewing docs that were created by someone else using a more recent Word version ?

I'm using Word 97 on Win98se

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    You may just need to clean up your hard drive:

http://www.piersontech.com/07-CleanHardDrive.htm

Whether you see the pictures or not could be dependent upon the amount of RAM you have available at any given time. Try cleaning up your hard drive and let us know if it doesn't work.

Also, if your pictures are fairly sizeable, try cutting them, and then hit Edit-paste special-as a picture.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/58990

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice