1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Pictures on SD card

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by devil, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. devil

devil Thread Starter

I removed all the photos from an SD card that were all taken by the same camera and put back about 50 onto the card again that i want to keep. When i put the card into my pc the photos show up but when i put the card back into the camera again the camera says "No Image". If i take a photo with the camera that photo shows up on the camera.
    Anyone know why this is happening?

2. mtzlplex

mtzlplex Account Closed

Purely a guess. When you say you removed all the photos from the sd card, I am going to assume that you put them on your computer right(may be even using a software on you computer). May be when they were installed on your computer, a format change occured some how. If that did happen, may be the new format will not be recognized by the camera, but will be recognized by your computer. Like I said in the beginning of my reply, purely a guess.

3. devil

devil Thread Starter

God yeah that could very well be true, i`ll check out the properties of the files on the pc and see what they are.
    Thanks for that.

4. oldhippi

oldhippi

look and see when you took the new pic didi it put in a folder my nikon d80 makes a folder on the chip stores the photos within try that iam guessing too

5. deubanks

deubanks

Did you put them in the same folder on the disk that the camera puts them in. If not, try that.

6. devil

devil Thread Starter

There wasn`t an actual folder on the SD card?

7. deubanks

deubanks

Put the card in the camera and take a picture. Take the card from he camera put it in your pc and then put the pictures from your pc that you want to see in he camera in the folder on the card that the picture that you took with the camera is in.

When I do that I can see the pictures from the pc in my camera along with the pictures that I took with the camera.

8. devil

devil Thread Starter

Will try that, thanks.

9. deubanks

deubanks

Can you tell us how you solved the problem?

Thanks

10. devil

devil Thread Starter

Apologies thread was marked solved by mistake, i still have a couple of things i need to try. Will get back with results as soon as i get a chance to sort it.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1084295

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice