1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Pictures sent

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by cjthib, Apr 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cjthib

cjthib Thread Starter

I cannot always open pictures sent to me via email........there is a small box in the left hand corner with a red x in it. What is this ?

2. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

Some times instead of actual pictures, links to the pictures are sent in an email. You may need to remain online to view them.

3. cjthib

cjthib Thread Starter

Some pictures that are sent to me only come in a blank box with a red X in the left hand side of the box. I can click on the X and right click on it to open but nothing shows.........Anyone else have this problem or perhaps know what I am doing wrong. It is not a link, just a blank box with a small red X in the corner......... :eek:

4. Krelian

Krelian

A blank box with a red x in the left hand corner is what is shown for a picture that does not exist, either on your hard drive or whatever picture it is linking to.

-What email client? Outlook Express? An ISP Based one such as Earthlink? or AOL?
    -Who sent you this email? A friend? A company?
    -What operating system are you using?

A little more info would help us to assist you.

5. cjthib

cjthib Thread Starter

ISP-AOL and these pictures are sent by friends........I am using Windows XP...........
    Friends state when they foward them (pictures or graphics) the pictures are there but I receive nothing but the blank box with the red X.
    My husband is using Windows 98 with a different ISP and he seems to have the same problem. This question has gone around and around at our office and I cannot explain or find an answer. I researched some sites on the Internet with no luck........Frustrated........

6. Krelian

Krelian

Is this from one friend or several different friends, the cause might be in the sender.

7. cjthib

cjthib Thread Starter

These were sent from numerous friends and really not an isolated incident because other people have asked me what causes this problem. My husband was able to right click on a few and they opened but that was far and inbetween. The script (text) appears but without the pictures...........

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/217345

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice