1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Pin note to application?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by grandeburrito, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. grandeburrito

grandeburrito Thread Starter

does anyone know of a sticky notes program that would allow me to attach notes to specific applications. ie, so when you switch apps the appropriate note would pop up. ive tried several freeware sticky note programs but none seem to have this feature. or is there another kind of program that could accomplish this?

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

3. grandeburrito

grandeburrito Thread Starter

just tried out both of those programs mentioned in that discussion. quick notes plus seems to be more of what im looking for. the sticky notes program only shows the note when the app first runs, not when switched to. only problem with the quick notes is that its too windows title specific. for instance in opera you have to be on the specific web page for the note to pop up. i also wonder if maybe i can solve this problem by some kind of virtual desktop utility. or maybe autohotkey or autoit?

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Perhaps, I haven't given it much thought. I can't imagine why I'd want a note popping up every time I switched to an application! :D

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/592613

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice