Pin to Start Menu

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Guy

Just a little annoyance I would like resolved (or if it cant be fixed then I wont continue to be frusterated with it). I love the feature in Windows XP where you can select "Pin to Start Menu" on your programs. Unfortunatly, it seems to only work for Installed programs. Example, I use a few access databases frequently so I created shortcuts for them in my 'Programs' menu, but when I tried to pin them to the start menu that option is unavailable. Also, I created another shortcut for my email app that is located on the server, and "Pin to Start Menu" is again unavailable.

Does anyone know a way to fix my problem? Maybe if the shortcut was in the Registry somewhere?

Any help is appreciated, Thanks.

Del

From what I read at M$, will just work with Programs.
How about putting your shortcut on Quick Launch??

Guy

I dont use quick launch.

I figure MS did something like this but I would really like a workaround/tweak if there is one available. Anyone know of one?

Thanks

Althoughthe context menu option isn't there, if you drag and drop the short cut onto the Start Button, a shortcut to it will be created in the same area as if it had been pinned.

Del

Yup, Mosaic, forgot about that one, may just do the trick..

Guy

Thank you very much Mosaic1, I didnt know I could do that.

Del

No matter how long you have been here, seems there's always something new to learn..

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online