Ping changes from low to high and continues to change

SilasGonzales

So basically I've been having this issue for a year or 2 now and my computer is unusable for streaming, gaming, school etc.
I ran a ping test and these are the results.
Capture.PNG

My ping will rise really high and drop really low.
Things I have tried already are changing internet providers, changing wifi adapters multiple times, ethernet cable, and I have moved houses twice now and this is still happening.
I have talked to multiple people and nobody has ever been able to help me out or tell me why or what is causing the problem.
I also have a xbox (game console) and on the console the internet is just fine, same with my phone and chromebook.

Attachments

Oddba11

Jim
What is the actual problem that you are having?

Ping times look OK. 15ms is really low. The random high ping isn't indicative of an issue. Ping has a low priority. So there are numerous reasons why a ping can jump. Unless it jumps up that high and stays there, it shouldn't be having an effect.

Try running a Windows 10 repair upgrade. Repair upgrade fixes all Windows errors and retains all files, applications, and settings. (You will not lose any data however a backup would be a good idea).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online