1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ping problem with online fps game

Discussion in 'Games' started by anidrock, Apr 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. anidrock

anidrock Thread Starter

i downloaded operation 7 game yesterday but when i try to play it ,it said disconnected from server so i ask the support team of the game for help,then reply saying i might have a ping problem so i when to start-->run and typed cmd, then in cmd i typed ping (and my IP address) and it gave out this

Reply from 192.168.1.2: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=64

Ping statistics for 192.168.1.2:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms

i have no clue what this mean ,but i want to play the game plz plz help me :)

2. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    That isn't any use to you at all to find out if you have a connection problem to the game. With that command you have pinged your own router at home.

You need to ping the game server to check for connections issues, do you know the IP address or the servers?
    For a little more information about the connection you can also use the 'tracert' (think thats right, haven't used it for ages) command rather than 'ping'. Done in the same way via the command prompt, just type tracert "ip address" (replace "ip address" with the actual numbers and without quotes).

This will give you more information about the route all the data is taking to get to the servers and can also indicate if there is a problem point along the way.

If you get the servers IP and do the above, post the results here and someone may be able to give you an idea if there is a problem.

3. anidrock

anidrock Thread Starter

i tried tracert command it doesnt work
    and i dont know how to get server IP address:confused:
    plz help

4. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    Is your ping always bad in the game or does it go up and down?

Isn't Operation 7 a free online game? Do you know where the servers are located i.e. USA, EU etc?
    It may just be that the game has a poor quality setup and is far away from you so you will be unlikely to get decent ping times.

I don't really know anything about the game and I can't find out anything at work as my network will not allow me to access anything game related.

5. anidrock

anidrock Thread Starter

the game support guys said if my ping is above 400ms i should get disconnected,but i dont know what is my ping :(
    and inside the game there is a american,European, Asian server ( i am from asia )

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/917014

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice