1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ping reply but can not browse

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Mallman, Feb 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mallman

Mallman Thread Starter

I have a laptop running Windows Vista Basic in my LAN, and wirelessly connects to my ISP.

I could not connect to internet after using it for a week, eventhough all other PCs in our LAN accesse internet. Did a ping to the gateway router and there was reply but no reply when I ping my ISP server.

Called my ISP and gave my IP address, and now I can ping through ISP server but when trying to browse, I could not. Also the network connection icon shows both local and internet when restarted, after few seconds, only local network icon is showing and internet disappears.

Checked and disable services obviouse to me like windows internet security. Have I missed something?

2. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe

I am guessing here, but it sounds like perhaps the wireless network you are attempting to use has security (e.g.: WEP; WPA, WPA2) and the laptop has not been told about it correctly.

Alternately, you could have an IP address conflict with another PC on the home network.

Or, maybe you disabled something that was neccessary?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/800531

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice