Ping Spiking Every 4-5 seconds from 22-25ms to 700-1100ms

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Bepiz

To start out here are the specs:
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, Build 18363, Installed 20191026115059.000000-300
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 23 Model 1 Stepping 1, CPU Count: 12
Total Physical RAM: 8 GB
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT
Hard Drives: C: 465 GB (71 GB Free); D: 931 GB (94 GB Free);
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. A320M-S2H-CF, ver x.x, s/n Default string
System: American Megatrends Inc., ver ALASKA - 1072009, s/n Default string
Antivirus: Norton 360, Enabled and Updated

Now the problem I first encountered was in a game of Rocket League, the game was being abnormally laggy so I did the usual disconnect then reconnect to no avail. I figured it was the game so I went to play some other games, one such was valorant, in the game my ping was unusually high there two and kept reach extremely high numbers like 1000 or 2000. I turned to Read Dead Online the only game that seemed to work but recently it doesn't work there either, so I turned to the internet and was told to ping google, here are the results:
1606873487688.png
It spikes all the sudden to super high numbers, So I searched the internet for a solution and none worked, so I went to check another desktop in the home and it had the same problem, all the solutions online only show help for when its for a singular computer not for multiple. Should I contact our internet provider? Is it our router? I'm not very good at this, I play games I don't make them.

Couriant

James
I would suggest to contact your ISP to confirm there are no other reports.

Try doing a trace route to Google.com by typing the command tracert google.com in Command Prompt and see if you can spot the high ping times. You may need to do it a few times.

Having said that, do you have a modem and router, or a wireless modem? How are you connected, wireless or wired, and if wired are you connected to the modem directly?

Should I contact our internet provider? Is it our router?
They will probably tell you to restart or reset router.
Try restarting first (power off and power on).
Resetting can fix various connectivity issues.

Resetting router resets it's setting to factory defaults, including WI-FI name/password and username/password to log into router.

You can find default username and password on router sticker.
Before doing reset you might want to verify whether you are able to log into router.

If you want to reset it find a tiny hole on your router and use a toothpick to push reset button in that hole.

Afterwards to change default username/password you'll need to log into router which is done by entering router IP address into a web browser address bar.

Default IP address is also on router's sticker.
To be able to log into router your PC must be connected to router first.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online