1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Pink Color in Lower Corner of Display

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JHY-IC, Jan 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JHY-IC

JHY-IC Thread Starter

I have a Dell 8100 Inspiron. The video card is a GeForce 2. Lately, I've noticed a slighty pink-ish color in the lower left corner of the display. The discolored area is about 2-1/2" x 3-1/2".

I've been having problems with the power adapter (the battery is dead and will not accept a charge - old issue) cord. The manufacturer is sending a replacement cord. Sometimes when the computer is turned off, you have to hold the cord to get the computer to power on. Could this be causing the display discoloration?

I just started noticing this pinkish color tonight. Any ideas?

Joseph

2. buddhafabio

buddhafabio

see if it will go away with degausing

3. techkid

techkid

First Name:
    David
    I looked up the Dell website, to find out that the Inspiron was a laptop. For future reference, JHY-IC, could you please let us know this info, to save confusion. Sorry if this sounds rude, but it had to be said.
    I quoted you both, to say that LCD monitors do not suffer from magnetic issues. Unfortunately, the problem may be serious. Do you know if it is still under warranty?

Do not jump to conclusions yet, though. Try out this replacement cord. It could be the thing it needs.

4. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Of course it is possible tht it isthe video adapter. Which by the way is a card that is replaceable on the inspirons. If all else fails after the new power adapter. Try reinstalling the drivers for your video which are available from the dell website.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!