Pink Icon Upper Right Corner Of Chrome

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

patmac

Recently noticed (past two weeks) a pink error icon in the upper right corner of Chrome.
When I click on it is says: snyc isn't working, sign in again, sign into chrome.
I've never signed in and never sync anything, nor do I want/need to. A few of the other line items are: passwords, payment methods and addresses.
The Chrome info is: version 69.0.3497.100 64 bit.
System info:
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 380 @ 2.53GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 5
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 3884 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 1718 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 574 GB (62 GB Free);
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer Inc., U52F
Antivirus: Avast Antivirus, Enabled and Updated
The system appears to be working fine, just would like some info/help with this error icon.
I've attached a screen shot.
Thanks for your time.

Attachments

Couriant

James
It seems that someone has, but then that doesn't look like any chrome version that I know of. You may want to update it too.
Having said that, if you click on the account icon does it give you an email address?

The icon you circled has a silhouette of a little head and shoulders ... which I'm assuming would be an account icon?

What happens if you click it?

What happens if you right-click it?

patmac

When I click on it, a drop down appears with the info listed in my first post. Right click does nothing.

patmac

Thanks for your time.
I don't want to sign in or up, or turn sync on or off, just want to use the browser.
I can live with the error sign.
It's intrusive that an update was made or something was changed without a users permission.
I realize this happens all the time now....it's still intrusive.

Just a note to edit in: when I go to the admin account, which I don't use to face the internet, the pink error icon is not there on Chrome. Interesting, the General User account, which I'm using now and we always use to access/face the internet, has limited privileges/access, allowed the change in Chrome to take place.......can anyone shed some light on this change being allowed?
Thanks again.

Last edited:

patmac

Thanks DaveA, but I don't see in my TSG Sysinfo where I have 3D Acceleration, plus I know I don't have a touchscreen.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online