Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
673 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Tanis 
#1 ·
I have a brand new custom PC I assembled myself. I finally got a graphics card. Boom. I install everything I need for the computer to function.
Issue #1 My PC is slow when loading up. Is this normal? I have not activated a Windows 10 product key because I don't want to spend 100$ on it right now since it's technically free. Does this impact performance? Or do I need to update everything for it to run smooth? Or could it be a hardware issue?

Issue #2 After I messed with the overclocking settings, I got the pink screen of death. I turned off the PC, then boot it up like normal, but something's different this time around. My fans start spinning at higher RPM speed. Everything ran fine before I overclocked. I check in with the BIOS, at this point, and the CPU GHz is over it's advertised limit. The RAM module numbers are different as well. I then reset the CMOS and the BIOS to standardized settings, and the CPU GHz and DDR4 RAM are back to original. Now Everytime I boot my PC up and go to the regular desktop screen with all the icons present, the white on the screen goes pink; but when I go to the settings tab and click display, it goes back to white like normal. I was considering redoing the whole windows installation and driver installations to see if this would resolve everything and any possible malfunctions. I don't know if that will make a difference.

Issue #3 Everytime I boot up the MSI app player program my computer crashes. It didn't do this before.

See less See more
#3 ·
After I messed with the overclocking settings, I got the pink screen of death.
This is a little concerning. Overclocking of any kind always has an element of risk, it is possible that you have damaged some hardware. Lets hope this is not the case.

I was considering redoing the whole windows installation and driver installations to see if this would resolve everything and any possible malfunctions. I don't know if that will make a difference.
That;s probably not a bad place to start

As Chuck has said, please provide a detailed list of all components including;
CPU make and model
RAM make, model and amount
Motherboard make and model
Power Supply make, model and wattage
GPU make and model
Drive make(s) and model(s)

The more info you can provide the better we will be able to advise / help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.